The World Travel Market is set to open gates in less than three weeks from now and there are certain reasons that make this edition a must-visit travel phenomenon. For India, motives are even more optimistic than ever before.
World Travel Market is going to present itself in an all-new three-day avatar this year. While the travel industry leaders might consider a more demanding schedule plan, a lot of anticipation has gathered over the time. Let’s have a look at the top 10 reasons why this edition of WTM London promises to be an absolute go-to travel show:
- This year, for the first time, WTM London will be a three-day event, taking place on Monday the 7th, Tuesday the 8th and Wednesday the 9th November, with extended hours from 10am to 7pm. This means that even more business than last year (record USD 3.23 billion, or EUR 2.95 billion) will be conducted.
- WTM London 2016 includes an array of new features, including the new 300-seater amphitheatre – the Inspire Theatre – added to the exhibitor floor in the North Hall of ExCeL, while the International Press Centre will now be located on the exhibition floor in the South Hall, facilitating improved contact between the media and exhibitors.
- More than 80 conference seminars will take place throughout the three days, covering all the key sectors including aviation, hotels, sports, tourism, responsible tourism, blogging, social media and travel technology. More than 18,000 attendees are expected at conference sessions, including 9,000 unique delegates, and more than 38 travel industry sectors represented at WTM London. Don’t miss out on the WTM Presents Keynotes, with tourism expert Doug Lansky and futurist Brain Solis.
- Discover the latest worldwide travel and tourism industry data, statistics, and trends from the leading research organisations Euromonitor International, Mintel, and Nielsen. Mintel’s session will cover the impact and opportunities of Brexit on the UK travel market.
- On Monday, the event kicks off with the WTM Speed Networking on the Global Stage, bringing 1,400 exhibitors and more than 200 business senior buyers over one session. It will help to broker connections and business opportunities between buyers and exhibitors before the exhibition floor opens.
- The two pillars of the WTM London 2016, World Responsible Tourism Day and the prestigious UNWTO & WTM MINISTERS’ SUMMIT will both celebrate their tenth editions this year. WRTD will take place on the new day of Tuesday 8th November, putting the industry’s sustainability at the heart of the event. The UNWTO & WTM Ministers’ Summit will take place on Wednesday 9th November, and will focus on many tourism issues, including safety and security challenges.
- The Travel Tech Show at WTM is the UK’s largest travel technology event, and the fastest growing region at WTM London. The show brings together the latest products and services in technology to the global travel industry. This year, the event has already confirmed high-profile names from the technology and travel industry, including Pegasus Solutions, DerbySoft and Open Destinations. In 2015, more than 55,000 meetings took place in the Travel Tech Show at WTM London.
- WTM London’s parent company, Reed Exhibitions, has signed a global agreement with hotel booking website HotelMap to give delegates attending any of its travel events access to state-of-the-art hotel booking. The deal starts with bookings for WTM London.
- WTM London will conclude with the popular WTM Festivals. A number of exhibitors will host parties showcasing their cultures, music and cuisines. The festivals give everyone the opportunity to socialise after the traditional working hours in a fun and vibrant atmosphere. Don’t Miss Out!
- A taste of the ILTM – International Luxury Travel Market – a portfolio of global, regional, and specialist luxury travel events returns for the fifth year across the Monday and Tuesday, connecting international luxury suppliers with key luxury buyers. On Wednesday, the WTM Wellness Lounge will maximise connection opportunities between wellness exhibitors and wellness buyers, to facilitate business deals in the comfort of the dedicated lounge. Designed as the hub for spa and wellness travel professionals, the lounge highlights the growing representation and importance of the Wellness Tourism sector at WTM.
The WTM special issue of India & You is all set to offer a mixed bag of commentaries on the Indian Wellness tourism sector. Meet us at London to grab a copy of this exclusive edition.